Just me...

Monday, March 28, 2005

To rent or not to rent...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. As for me, I kind of forgot it was Easter in the first place. My family doesn't celebrate Easter (or any other religious holiday for that matter) at the same time as the rest of the world. It's always been different, I've grown up always having my dates mixed up:). My family is Orthodox and the calendar is always different (please refer to the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding). It used to bother me, now it doesn't bother me so much. Since I've found myself to become less concerned with my "religious" life and more concerned with my "spiritual" life. To me it's just a date, what is being celebrated is the same thing, I've found myself "going through the motions" trying to stick to the Orthodox calendar to appease my family and nothing more. That's just how I feel right now. So when I heard Happy Easter all weekend it was catching me off guard!
Anyway, I come and gone to the Bay area this weekend. I got my taxes done and this sucked! I felt the difference this last year not owning my house. Now I have to re-think all my priorities and how I want to live. Renting right now is convenient, and it's easy and there is nothing to worry about most of the time, and I can call the maintenance office every time something needs to be fixed. And right now that's OK. I know I don't want to rent forever, but at this time it makes sense. Is a few thousand dollars at the end of the year worth going to great lengths right now, when I am not sure what I want to do or where I want to live (which is definitely not Orange County). Obviously I don't want to rent forever, but at this time it seems to make sense and is conducive to my lifestyle. Am I supposed to be 30 years old and still trying to figure things out??? I guess in due time it will all fall in to place.
As for anything else interesting happening while I was gone. Absolutely nothing! Which leads to my next question. They say you have to let something go or set it free and if it's meant to be it will come back to you. How do you know when it is the right time to let it go and if it comes back how are you supposed to know that it is now right again. How are you supposed to discern this difference when there are to many feelings and emotions involved not allowing for an objecive way of reasoning. If anyone has anything to offer, please do:(
But I did have fun with my mom and sister, hanging out with them was comical as usual. I had fun with them, although I am still bitter at my sister for not letting me sleep on the couch just becuase I can't stay awake through movies!
(Sorry Jezchill, I know it's still not all that exciting yet, but nothing exciting has happened yet:)).

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said…

    I think you already know the answer to your question, just looking for others to affirm your common sense. BUY! OWN! Rent to others. You're in California. Owning is not supposed to be convenient nor comfortable. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home