Just me...

Monday, April 04, 2005

Waiting for some excitement...

I'm still waiting for something exciting to happen to me...I feel like I am going through a "slow" period. I"m beginning to think that the lack of interest and discontent in my professional affairs is spilling over in to my personal ones. There is one thing that happened that I am excited about...but I don't want to think about it to much until something actually happens.
My mother and my sister came down to southern cali to visit me this weekend, (it's always to much shopping with those ladies)! I went to church with my mother for the first time in a loong time(it was her birthday, what can i say:)). Anyhow, I met someone at church who I used to know a loooong time ago. One thing lead to another and talk got in to "work talk" and it turns out he may be able to help me out. He works as a consultant in the same field of work that I am looking for. We had a good conversation, we realized we were on the same page and I ended up sending him my resume! So now I just have to sit back and wait. Yes momma, I see what happens when I go to church! You know we had that conversation in the car on the way home:) Anyway, wish me luck everyone!!!! I need many postive thoughts and prayers! Things like this don't happen to me, I don't get this lucky...but maybe just this once! (Now God if you can just send me an equally fly man, I will be a good girl! :)) Anyway, the types of positions he was talking about - it was music to my ears, they were exactly what I wanted/looking for and the salaries, more beautiful music, they were more then I wanted or looking for haha.
Well, I wish I had more exciting things to report, I know all I've been talking about is work lately...it's all I'm thinking about. (I am sorry I entered in to the blog world in the middle of all this and not when I was out runnin the streets lol JUST KIDDING). Anyhow, I did walk in this morning only to find more projects and crap dumped on me, normally I would accept it with open arms and find a way to make it work. Right now, I just don't care and will tell my boss she needs to have some one either be a project manager or be an analyst, but I will not be BOTH anymore.

Oh wait, there is one thing... is chivelry really dead? Is it over, is it to much to ask in the year 2005 for a man to be a gentleman without being branded that woman?? That woman who just expects the man to do everything. That is not who I am, but what woman still doesn't like to be treated like a lady:). Someone please help, please answer me??:)

Oh and one final thing, my monitor blew up this weekend so that was an annoying unexpected expenditure! :( But now I have a 17" flat panal monitor at home! Is $250 reasonable for this? Did I spend to much or was that in line with how much they are running these days? At Best Buy it was cheaper to buy a new one, same size, on sale then an open box unit with no warrenty! Well, I just bought it, I didn't feel like shopping around for it and I am in the middle of a job search, I need a monitor!:) Anyway, does anyone know where I can take it to recycle or dispose of it?

Well all, my jumbled thoughts are coming to an end now, hopefully the next time I post I will be more focused...I just have so many things clouding up my clarity right now...my zen is off...until next time!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Jez Chill said…

    Yeah... you said a lot. Are you dating anyone? You're in L.A. That means excitement should be everywhere each time you step outside! Well, that's that's what happens on TV.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger desertrose said…

    I think it's maybe just my frame of mind right now, my mood, i'm just in a blaze place...waiting for it to pass, so I can go back to being my fun cheerful self:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home